Every individual piece of sporting equipment matters, whether it’s a small palm-size ball or a big racquet. They play an important role in the outcome of the match. Tennis very sophisticated sport; the equipment plays a vital role in this. We have already discussed clay tennis in our previous post – 5 BEST CLAY COURT TENNIS BALLS
This was for adults, in this post we will discuss tennis balls appropriate for kids. There are different balls found in the market that have a designated duty of its own. Every ball is specifically made for a section of people, keeping in mind their need and ability. For kids, there are special balls manufactured that helps them to grow in the sport.
For every tennis enthusiast, learning about the importance of a good tennis ball can shift the game in their favor and for children, it might be a good way to increase their gameplay. The different types, varieties, and brands are enough to confuse even any professional advanced tennis players. So before we tell you some brand name and their specifications, let’s know more about kid’s ball and what would be ideal for them.You Would Also like to Read 5 Best Tennis Balls for Beginners Reviews [Buying Guide]
Table of Contents
For kids, there are different colors provided for different age groups. Those as follows:
- Foam tennis ball – this is the largest in size and the lightest in weight. It is the first ball we will suggest you buy for your kid if he/she is just beginning to play.
- Kids’ up to the age of 8 – choose red junior tennis ball . It is less bouncy and slower, this will help your kid to grasp the movement of the ball easily.
- Kids of the age of 8 and 9 – choose orange junior tennis ball . This is 50% slower than adult balls and appropriate for this age group.
- Kids of the age 9 and 10 – choose green junior tennis ball . This is 25% faster than the previous ball. It can be harder than the other but softer compared to the adult balls.
Each type of ball gets firmer than the previous one, subsequently the height of its bounce and distance travel down will increase. All these balls are categorized on the basis of your child’s progressive ability and their physical structure. So make sure you buy ball knowing what is best for them.
Penn QST is best for junior newcomers because of the speed and bounce control.
All the Penn’s QST balls are approved for beginners and under tennis play formats. It is best for the starter training of kids. It has been tested for 2019 USTA approval, under ITF rules of tennis.
Features and Benefits
- Penn youth tennis balls are great for a young player because it is light weighted and oversized. It would make the beginners easy to grasp the ball as the oversize ball will increase visibility.
- It is made with high-density lightweight foam for a precise bounce. It is perfect for the kids under 8 years.
- It features a low compression core that modifies the speed and bounces for greater control.
- It is AMERICA’S #1 SELLING BALL. Penn is a leading brand that has over 100 years of testing and practice. It is the bestselling brand for tennis equipment in America.
- Dimensions: 5 x 11.25 x 10.25 inches
- Weight:84 pounds
- Brand: Penn
- Color: red
- Material: foam
- Number of the ball in each pack: 12
- Foam material; lightweight
- Speed control
- Precise bouncing
- Best for beginners(kids up to 8 years)
- Not for competitive; only indoor practice can be done
It is suitable for beginners and also for intermediate kids.
This ball is designed especially for stage 1 players. It is approved by USTA and also used in USTA Quickstart programs. With lower speed, weight, and pressure, this is perfect for early learners.
Features and Benefits
- It is pressurized to achieve lighter weight and softer bounces. This helps the kids to practice efficiently. With reduced flight, players can hit well and play consistently.
- It is perfect for full-sized courts, driveways, and playgrounds.
- Width: 67 inches
- Weight: 230 grams
- Brand: Wilson
- Pack: 3 balls
- Softer bounce
- Approved by USTA
- Perfect for beginners and intermediate kids
These were some of the best tennis ball brands for kids. We often think that a small ball may not be important for the game or affect the game. But actually the way the ball bounces or the way it gets spin is important for a game, for kids the weight of the ball is also an important feature. Taking a tennis ball for granted is the same as taking the whole game for granted. Nowadays in the market, there are plenty of different types of ball, however, what matters most is choosing the ideal ball for the type of player your kids are and their age. There are many options for you, but we have selected the best out of best for you so that your worries would reduce.
We would suggest you consider Penn’s ball for your kid of he/she is playing for the first time. This brand has never disappointed its customers it will display the best performance for your child. These balls are specially made for kids keeping in mind the need for a beginner. The lightweight and reduced bouncing will enable your child to learn eye and body coordination properly.
Once you take everything into consideration and understand what type of ball suits you, we are pretty sure you will have the best ball in your hand and will display the best gameplay. Make sure you know the factors properly.
Click here to get more Information